Jim’s Community Involvement
Professional & Law Enforcement Qualifications and Associations
- Twenty-four year law enforcement veteran.
- Texas certified Master Peace Officer.
- Practicing civil attorney, specializing in the investigation and litigation of complex financial loss for local government agencies, private sector clients, and corporate entities.
- Active Dallas County Deputy Sheriff (Reserve Division), assigned to the Sex Offender Registration & Compliance Unit of the Criminal Investigation Section.
- Former 2nd Assistant District Attorney and Chief of Special Prosecutions for the Collin County Criminal District Attorney’s Office.
- Special Prosecutor in a 2008 felony public corruption case against a sitting North Texas district attorney. Co-author of “Violating the Public’s Trust,” an article describing this case, which was published in The Prosecutor Magazine.
- Seven-year military service as a US Air Force Security Police Dog Handler, EST Team (SWAT) member, and Criminal Investigator.
- Active member of the North Texas Crime Commission’s committees on Law Enforcement Training and Legislative Affairs. Former member of the Board of Directors for the NTCC.
- Honorary Member of the North Texas Police Chiefs Association and a member of the National Sheriffs’ Association and the Sheriffs’ Association of Texas.
- Featured in the August 1996 Reader’s Digest article titled, “To Catch Three Thieves,” for the investigation and international manhunt of organized criminal telemarketers responsible for stealing over $58 million from senior citizens across the United States and Canada.
Political and Community Involvement & Leadership Positions
- Former Treasurer for the Collin County Conservative Republican Club.
- Vice-President (Programs) for the Collin County Republican Men’s Club.
- Judge Advocate for the American Legion Bill Bryant Post 110, McKinney, Texas.
- Board of Directors Trustee, Collin County Meals on Wheels.
- Pro Bono legal work for disabled U.S. military veterans.
Pol. Adv. paid for by the Jim Skinner Campaign, Charlie O'Reilly, Treasurer.